Karnasch and YG-1 manufacture a wide range of Carbide Burrs and Cutwel supply these various geometries to meet many applications, please see below a guide on these to help you find what you're looking for:
- Cross Cut (HP-3 Geometry): The most widely used universal cutting style. High cutting action producing short chips. For use on cast iron, steel, stainless steel, titanium, nickel, copper, brass & bronze.
- Plain Cut (HP-2 Geometry): The most widely used simple cutting style. High cutting action producing good surface finish. For use on cast iron, steel, stainless steel, titanium, nickel, copper, brass & bronze.
- Extra Fine Cross Cut (HP-4 Geometry): For extra fine cross cutting style. Gives excellent control in difficult to reach areas. Medium cutting action with short chips and good surface finish. For use on harder steels up to 70 HRC, cast iron, stainless steel & heat resistant super alloys.
- Coarse Cut (HP-7 Geometry): For use on aluminium, copper, plastics and glass fibre/carbon fibre composites. High metal removal with coarse cut geometry.
- Robust Cross Cut (HP-1 Geometry): Extremely robust cross cutting style - impact resistant (prevents tooth breakages, chipping and head breakages.) For use on difficult to machine materials including stainless steel and super alloys (Hastelloy, Waspaloy, Inconel, Duplex, Amanox) Great for the aerospace and gas industries.
- Fine Plain Cut (HP-5 Geometry): Extremely fine cutting results with excellent surface finish. For use on hardened steels up to 70 HRC, cast iron, stainless steel & heat resistant super alloys.
- Rough Cross Cut (HP-6 Geometry): Extremely fast metal removal, ideal for roughing on cast iron, steel, copper, brass & bronze.
- INOX (HP-9 Geometry): Ideal for Stainless Steels, extremely high machining output. High quality surface finish.
- Extreme Speed (HP-8 Geometry): Up to 60% higher machining output compared to conventional burrs. High aggressive machining with larger chips and outstanding chip removal. Idea for most steels.
We accept the following payment methods:
For latest news and updates, please follow us:
© Cutwel, All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions
Cutwel Ltd is registered in England and Wales No. 3202912. VAT No. 664 9356 93