High Performance Synchro Tap Chucks for Rigid Tapping
Modern CNC machines allow synchronous thread tapping without a tension & compression chuck, also called “rigid tapping”. The backlash of the spindle causes stress to one side of the tap. This may result in reduced tool life and lack of quality in the thread form.
Synchro tapping chucks compensate for the length errors caused by backlash and achieve optimum performance from your taps.
- For tapping with synchronized feed mechanism.
- For high speed tapping or normal speed rigid tapping.
- Reduced tapping load during inversion phase.
- Minimal synchronization error by special design.
- Minimum length compensation (+/-<0.5mm).
- Through coolant.
- For use with ER-MD square drive tapping ER collets.