CUTWEL LIMITED PRIVACY NOTICE
Please read this Privacy Notice. It relates to how we hold and process your information (data) and explains your rights.
Who we are
Cutwel Limited is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. Our registration number is 03202912. Our registered office is at 35 Westgate, Huddersfield, HD1 1PA.
The person responsible for data protection at Cutwel Limited is Graham Short, who can be contacted at email@example.com.
Our website is www.cutwel.co.uk.
We are a data controller of the information we hold about you as a customer or potential customer, or if you have given us consent to use your information, or if you are a visitor to our website.
We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
What data we will use and for what purpose
When you request a quote from us (whether directly, over the telephone, or via our website) we will process and retain your contact details (including name of the individual, business name (if applicable), email address, business address and contact telephone numbers). If you place an order with us, we will also process and retain details of your order and goods we have supplied. We will also take your payment details.
We will use this information purely for the purpose of providing you with a quote or to perform the contract we enter into with you.
If we deal with your enquiry or order over the telephone, we also retain information relating to you as an individual. We use this information only for the purpose of building a relationship with you as our customer.
We may also use the information you give us for marketing purposes but we will seek your specific consent to do this (and also ask you to confirm what sort of information you would like to receive from us and by what method). You may withdraw that consent, or any part of that consent, at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01924 869610.
Lawful basis for using your data
(1) The basis upon which we process your data when you request a quotation, make an enquiry or place an order is that this is necessary for us to do so for the purposes of the contract or in anticipation we may enter into a contract with you.
(2) The basis upon which we retain additional information about you when we deal with enquiries or sales over the telephone is that we consider this necessary in the legitimate interests of our business. Our business is built upon relationships developed over time with our customers and it is important to our business to retain this data to build and to continue such relationships.
(3) If you agree to our using your contact details for marketing purposes then we will obtain your specific consent to do so.
Where we hold your data
We will only use the data you have given or that we have taken from you for the permitted purpose it was obtained. Your information is retained electronically on our computer systems and in our computer files.
We will not disclose your information to anyone else nor transfer your data outside the European Union. However, please note that our computer network is controlled by our IT providers and your information will therefore be shared with them. Also, if you have consented to us allowing your information to be used for marketing purposes then your information will also be shared with our marketing company. We have written agreements in place with these third parties to ensure that they have an obligation to use your data only as we direct, not to use it for any other purpose, and not to disclose your information to any third party.
We have a legal obligation to keep your data relevant, accurate and up to date, and secure and we will endeavour to do so.
How long we keep your data
This depends upon the reason that we hold your information.
(1) We retain the data you provide when requesting a quote, making an enquiry or placing an order indefinitely in order to enhance our relationship although payment details are not retained except for the purposes of any refund when details are retained for 120 days and thereafter are destroyed. We do not retain the payment information ourselves. The payment information you provide is retained by our third party payment processing partner, GlobalIris.
(2) Information you gave us for marketing purposes will be retained by us indefinitely. However, you do have the right to withdraw your consent (either in full or for any particular aspect of the consent) at any time. Information as to how you can do so is given in our Marketing emails or you can do so by clicking here
You are entitled to receive confirmation from us that we are processing your data, what that data is, and also to obtain copies of the data.
You are also entitled to ensure that your data is correct and ask for it to be rectified if it is not.
In addition, you have the right to object to our processing your data and ask that it be deleted. However, whether we agree to the deletion will depend upon the circumstances and whether we consider it necessary to retain the data for the original purpose for which it was obtained in line with the lawful basis we have given for processing the data.
You also have the right to ask that we transfer data to a third party.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights then please email email@example.com.
If you have any cause for complaint, or do not believe that we are processing your data in line with our obligations, we would ask that you contact us in the first instance however you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office whose details can be found at www.ico.org.uk or seek legal advice at any stage.